The Business Transactions Law Society will be providing free tax preparation assistance in Robertson Hall on February 6th through April 5th 2012 as part of the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA).
VITA helps the community by providing competent, free tax preparation services for low to moderate income families and individuals who may not be able to prepare their own tax returns.
According to David Brennan, 2L and past VITA volunteer, the best part of the experience for volunteers is the opportunity is to help clients face down their fear of taxes.
Law students interested in volunteering to serve through VITA should contact Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Volunteers will receive free mandatory training.
Those interested in receiving free tax preparation assistance can do so in Robertson Hall on the following days and room locations:
- February 6 – April 5, 2012
- Monday 4-6pm, RH 114**
- Wednesday 5-7pm, RH 114***
- Thursday 6:30-8:30pm, RH 114
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before the end of each time period.
- Closed for Spring Break (Feb. 27 – Mar. 2)
- Photo IDs
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Dates
- All Tax Forms (W2, 1099, etc.)
- Bank Routing and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
Questions: Contact David Brennan at email@example.com.